We Vacuum First
Professional carpet cleaners vacuum before they clean the carpet. This critical first step makes a huge difference in the end result. About 80% of all dirt in the carpet can be removed by utilizing a powerful commercial vacuum. Without vacuuming first, dirt is left in the carpet and mixes with the water used in most cleaning process, and in effect, makes mud. This reduces the quality of the carpet cleaning.
All carpet cleaning process’ are not equal! Hot Water Extraction or Encapsulation?
Hot water extraction (many problems and not a great choice)
- Uses a lot of water and can promote mold in and below the carpet , in the pad. This is common and happens when most of the water is not removed by the technition.
- Also the soap used in this method can leave a sticky residue that will attract future dirt. Removing all the soap is almost impossible therefore carpets using hot water extraction seem to get dirty faster.
- Wicking is also a problem in hot water extraction. Wicking is the upward motion of water and cleaning solution during drying from the base of a tuft to its tip carrying with it any remaining soil and contamination, which is then deposited on the tips of the tuft. The result of wicking is that stains come back after a day or so.
- Drying time usually 12 or more hours. During this time the carpet should not be walked on.
Encapsulation( a system that scrubs the carpet clean) (the obvious choice)
Wikipedia says: In the 1990s, new polymers began literally encapsulating (crystallizing) soil particles into dry residues on contact, in a process now regarded by the industry as a growing, up-and-coming technology; working like “tiny sponges”, the deep-cleaning compound crystals dissolve and absorb dirt prior to its removal from the carpet Cleaning solution is applied by rotary machine, brush applicator, or compression sprayer. According to ICS Cleaning Specialist, evidence suggests encapsulation improves carpet appearance, compared to other systems; and it is favorable in terms of high-traffic needs. Encapsulation carpet cleaning also keeps carpets cleaner for longer periods of time compared to other methods. Encapsulation also avoids the drying time of carpet shampoos, making the carpet immediately available for use.
- Includes base level deodorizer and protectant
- Does not promote mold.
- Does not leave sticky soap residue and removes old soap residue from past cleanings.
- Eliminates wicking problems. Stains we remove do not come back!
- Drying time reduced in many cases to less than 2 hours and you can walk on the carpet even when it is wet without hurting the cleaning process.
- Captures dirt and stains suspending them from the carpet, removing dirt’s ability to reattach to the fibers.
Additional Services To Consider
Advanced Odor Remover (option)
For permanently eliminating (not just masking odors) we offer our safe, nontoxic, nonirritating germicide made from natural plant oils. This covers the complete range of odors caused by animal, human urine, feces, vomit, decaying organic matter, mold and mildew. A counteraction, absorption, bonding inhibitor and residual germicide that prevents new odors from old and new deposits.
- Kills odors at their source.
- Leaves carpet smelling extra fresh for longer period.
- Applied during the cleaning process allows the odor to be captured with the dirt
- Not an enzyme which can require being kept moist for 48 hours.
- Safe, nontoxic, nonirritating.
Advanced Protector (option)
This new-age fluoro-chemical technology protector has unprecedented oil, water, and alcohol repellency and is formulated to complement our encapsulation cleaning process. As a result of an application of our advanced formula the treated carpet is as good or better than the original protection applied at the carpet mill.
- Will repel spills and pet accidents giving longer time for cleanup.
- Will reduce traffic patterns from developing.
- Allows your vacuum to pick up more dirt.
- Carpets stay cleaner looking longer protecting your investment.